Company and Business Problem
What am I required to do in this assignment?
Assignment Topic Company and Business Problem: McGraw-Hill Education is the Business Case company
The assignment task has two critical components:
• Exploring a business problem faced by the company and the impact of solutions recommended supported by evidence
• Reflective Report on Learning from Week 1-5 focused key employability skills
This assignment is deliberately set as a time limited activity and you have specific time to write it up. This is to replicate what happens in the workplace. It is supposed to be challenging – when you engage in the unit and learning materials and classroom activity you will have access to everything you need to complete this work.
Your assessment is based on your unit learning week 1 – 5
Assignment 001 Individual Submission – What is expected:
Write a formal report, with headings, using your reading, research, learning and journal content as a starting point. We suggest writing the report in two parts:
Part 1: Business Analysis (approx. 1,200 words) – written based on your research findings so in 3rd person
Your report may include:
• Introduction to the report
• Summary of the assignment case study (Business Case Company)
• Exploration of the business problem
• Impact of potential strategic solutions supported by published academic research
• List of References
Format: Company and Business Problem
Business Report Style
PLEASE INSERT A BLANK PAGE BETWEEN PART 1 and PART 2
Part 2: Reflective Report on Key Skills Development (approx. 1,200 words)
Your personal reflection is based on your learning experience documented by your journal entries in BREO which will form part of this assessment. Therefore, journal entries added on a regular basis in weeks 1-5 are required to evidence how you have developed and used key skills in the initial learning in the unit and in the analysis of the business case for this assignment.
This can be achieved by completing journal entries on your self-assessment analysis, VARK, Belbin and all personal development activities that link to key employability skills.
In the reflective report you may explore key skill development in all or any of the following areas:
• Communication (both verbal and written – evidenced by classroom discussion, presentations and report writing)
• Numeracy – (evidenced by examples of use of data and statistics in your seminar activities and this submission)
• ICT (evidenced using Microsoft Office programs during the unit)
• Problem Solving (evidenced by examples of analysis and information gathering, during the unit and in the submission of the assignment)
• Working with Others (evidenced by reflecting on your experience working in teams during the unit)
The reflective report should include continued evaluation of your experience working in class and your practice week by relating where possible to models and theories like Belbin, Tuckman and Kolb. You can also include reflection on learning from feedback offered in seminars and from SEM 1 units as your development is continuous
The reflective report should conclude with an action plan using the SMART framework. So, where you identify an improvement is needed, document how you intend to do that.
Format for Company and Business Problem
• Reflective report should be written about yourself so in 1st person
• All links to key skills development must be referenced in text to entries in your journal. For Example:
“Since Semester one unit learning I have continued to develop and work on these XXXX academic skills, how to read an article and paraphrase key elements of it, reference it correctly so that it could be included in a formal submission” (JNL Week 4 (date)
• Your report should be correctly referenced in Harvard style with references in text and in a reference list at the end of your report.
Do not include any elements that have been submitted or marked in previous submissions without correct referencing. To use chunks of work previously submitted is considered to be self-plagiarism.
What do I need to do to pass? (Threshold Expectations from UIF)
Assessment 001 Company and Business Problem
• Using reading and research demonstrate your understanding of how at least one of the business models like SWOT, PESTEL and Porters Five Forces can be used to analyse a business scenario
• Present your work in a formal report with headings using Harvard style referencing
• Show evidence of self-reflection on the assignment task by making links to your online journals
How do I produce high quality work that merits a good grade?
We will be filling this section in together in class on Click or tap to enter a date. make sure you have downloaded/printed out the Assignment Brief and bring it to the session with you.
How does assignment relate to what we are doing in scheduled sessions?
Your assignment tests your application of learning in the Unit. In delivering the assessment you will undertake activities which are designed to develop your skills, which will provide relevant evidence for your assignment submission. You apply your knowledge and learning in writing a formal business report. The learning in your lectures and seminar activity all inform your preparation for writing the assignment.
Place an order with us on https://assignmentsproficient.com/order/ and expect the best grades and help from qualified writers